- Your privacy is critically important to us. We see it as our ethical responsibility to treat your data carefully. We will never sell your data to third parties. We don't set any cookies that might be used to track you across the internet.
- CVFolder is based in Tampa, FL in USA. Therefore we are bound by and adhere to the CalOPPA: California Online Privacy Protection Act.
What is personal information?
- Personal information is any information that can personally identify a person to whom it belongs. This may include (but is not limited to): name, age, citizenship, gender, postcode, and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses).
What personal information does CVFolder use?
- CVFolder offers the possibility to try out most of the product features without creating an account. While trying out CVFolder your personal information will be stored in your browser storage and will not leave your device.
- When you create a CVFolder account, we will save any basic account information, as well as the information you want to be included in one of our products (resume, cover letter, personal website, email signature, job applications tracker).
- In addition to the information you enter yourself, we will save some basic information, such as how often you downloaded your resume or when was the last time you logged in to your account.
- We also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit CVFolder. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, your location (city, country), browser type, browser version, and the pages of CVFolder that you visit, the time and date of your visit.
How does CVFolder use my personal information?
- You can rest assured that your personal information will only be used for purposes directly related to CVFolder. We are based in the EU and conform to General Data Protection Laws (GDPR) for all of our users.
- We retain your personal information only as long as you have an account with us.
- Purposes for which we will use your information:
- Operate CVFolder and provide you with our platform's core features.
- Manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us.
- If you opted into receiving our newsletter, we might send you relevant and informational content that might interest or inspire you in order to help you in your career.
- To customize your CVFolder experience, e.g. prefilling a product template with your information.
- Monitor activity on CVFolder, like to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the terms of service.
- Manage our legal and operational affairs.
- Carry out technical analysis and efforts to improve CVFolder.
- Update you with operational news and information about CVFolder, e.g., to notify you about changes, upgrades or security updates.
- Perform internal administrative activities.
- In order to operate CVFolder we utilize third-party service providers (e.g. server infrastructure, database) that will process your personal data. In CalOPPA terms we act as a data controller and the services we work with are data processors. As a data controller we follow our duty to only work with data processors that meet the CalOPPA requirements.
How we protect your personal information
- We do our best to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. These include physical, electronic and administrative safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, SSL, data anonymization and other up-to-date technologies.
- Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. We also recommend that you try secure your personal computing devices.
Cookies & Analytics
- We only use technical cookies and we do not set any cookies by third parties that might be used to track you across the internet.
- For our web analytics we use the privacy-focused analytics solution by https://plausible.io, which will not set any cookies.
- You have certain rights according to the applicable data protection regulation.
- Rights related to your personal data include among others the right to access, modify, transfer, withdraw usage consent and the right to be permanently forgotton.
- You can request deletion of your personal information by deleting your account or by contacting us through email email@example.com. Once you requested deletion, all of your data will be immediately deleted from our database. Copies of your personal information might still exist inside database backups for up to 30 days.
- To exercise your rights, please use our website or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.